May 6, 2022 — The following PEF members have reported a need for leave donations due to the need for medical treatment or recuperation from illness or injury.

Donations are made from annual leave and donors must retain at least 10 days of annual leave after donating. To donate leave, obtain a leave-donation form from your personnel or human resources office and submit it to that office. You may donate leave to employees at both the agency where you work and to those working at other state agencies.

    • Diane Aleksandrowicz is a nurse 2 at Rochester Psychiatric Center.
    • Matthew Cassidy is a senior librarian at Woodbourne Correctional Facility in Woodbourne.
    • Deena Christian is an offender rehabilitation coordinator at Greene Correctional Facility in West Coxsackie.
    • Carol Christiansen is a teaching and research center nurse 2 at Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse.
    • Leanne Graf is a teaching and research center nurse 2 at Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse.
    • Monica Kehagias-Gordon is an intensive case manager at Buffalo Psychiatric Center.
    • Maria Lisanti is an intensive case manager at Bronx Psychiatric Center.
    • Eddie Lorenzo is a public health field services representative trainee 1 in Central Islip.
    • Sharon Lynch is a parole officer in Jamaica Queens.
    • Margaret Mendez is a motor vehicle referee at the state Department of Motor Vehicles in Brooklyn.
    • Kyle Tomlin is a supervising offender rehabilitation coordinator at Ulster Correctional Facility in Napanoch.
    • Karen Tully is a senior attorney at the NYS Department of State in Albany.

The rules for making and receiving leave donations (such as leave recipients may not have had any disciplinary actions or unsatisfactory performance evaluations within their last three years of state employment) are set forth on pages 189 and 190 of the 2019-23 PS&T Contract.  If you, or a PEF member you know, need leave donations because of a medical issue, you may contact The Communicator to request publication of that need.  Send requests to, or call 518 396-8201.  Be sure to provide your contact information.