December 15, 2021 — PEF fourth quarter special elections filled the post of Region 8 coordinator and 23 vacant seats on the PEF Executive Board. Balloting is still underway to determine who will fill two more of the vacant seats. Ballots will be counted December 17 by the American Arbitration Association in the contested races for seats 210 and 455.
The candidates who filled the Region 8 coordinator vacancy and the 23 board vacancies were automatically seated as the only eligible candidates nominated for those seats.
- Danielle Bridger, Region 8 coordinator;
- Catherine Dell’Angelo, Seat 3;
- Raymond Moroz, Seat 5;
- Daniel Winkler, Seat 7;
- Kelly Nadeau, Seat 9;
- Douglas Wilburn, Seat 40;
- Laura Cloidt, Seat 45;
- Mohammed Chowdhury, Seat 70;
- Sean Dobbin, Seat 75;
- Ved Shravah, Seat 77;
- Heather Kammer, Seat 102;
- James Desso, Seat 175;
- Prakash Lal, Seat 176;
- Christopher Ford, Seat 177;
- John Ingram, Seat 180;
- Kenneth Ferro, Seat 195;
- Serena Fallon, Seat 202;
- Prashant Singapura, Seat 217;
- Annette Panzironi, Seat 220;
- William Clingersmith, Seat 225;
- Stacy Morey, Seat 315;
- James Reppert, Seat 460;
- Brian Dubois, Seat 510; and
- Scott Wendt, Seat 530.
The remaining 23 vacancies that were not filled in 2021, plus two new vacancies, and any additional vacancies that occur in December 2021 will be available in the special election held during the first quarter of 2022.
Nominating petitions will be available January 10 and must be returned by February 1. Members will find petitions at PEF.org/Elections. If more than one eligible candidate is nominated for a seat, ballots will be mailed to that constituency February 22 and must be returned by March 15 for counting March 16 by the American Arbitration Association in New York City.
The current vacancies to be filled are:
- Seat 1, Agriculture and Markets;
- Seat 15, Civil Service;
- Seat 80, certain members at SUNY;
- Seat 81, SUNY Downstate;
- Seat 85, certain members at SUNY Upstate;
- Seat 90, Higher Education;
- Seat 95, certain members at SUNY Upstate;
- Seat 97, certain members at SUNY Upstate;
- Seat 161, State Police;
- Seat 165, Housing, Veterans Affairs and Justice Center;
- Seat 172, certain members at Information Technology;
- Seat 173, certain members at Information Technology;
- Seat 174, certain members at Information Technology;
- Seat 185, Health;
- Seat 200, Helen Hayes, Veterans Homes;
- Seat 255, Law;
- Seat 310, certain members at Mental Health;
- Seat 395, certain members at Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities;
- Seat 425, Public Service
- Seat 435, certain members at Children and Families;
- Seat 440, certain members at Children and Families;
- Seat 490, certain members at Transportation;
- Seat 545, Albany County;
- Seat 550; certain members at Roswell Park; and
- Seat 560; certain members at Roswell Park.
Those who are elected will serve the remainder of a three-year term that began August 1, 2021, and ends July 31, 2024.